Keeping salad fresh and tasty for a long time is everyone’s priority. And these excellent choices for the best salad keeper will make that happen. Salad keepers prevent sogginess, sliminess, and wilting. And that is why you need one right away.
A terrific choice, which is also most people’s choice – is the Rubbermaid 1920479 Container. It’s effective, sturdy, and durable to use. You can use a salad keeper for a variety of recipes.
So if you’re a health-conscious shopper looking for a solid way of prepping salads and keeping them fresh for weeks – then this list is for you.
Quick SummaryInvalid table id.
Top 5 Best Salad Keeper Reviews
- Includes 1 large FreshWorks Produce Saver container (17.3 cup)
- Save money, food, and trips to the grocery store, by keeping produce fresher longer with FreshWorks
- FreshVent technology regulates flow of oxygen and carbon dioxide for the ideal produce environment
- Crisp Tray helps keep moisture away from produce to reduce spoilage
- Lid filter lasts a lifetime
The worst thing you can do for your salad is eating it soggy even though it’s fresh. And it’s not the best salad experience for you either. To keep salad fresh and tasty, you need a salad keeper like the Rubbermaid Container.
It is not like your average plastic container. It’s supposed to increase the shelf life of foods that can spoil very easily. And this includes salads which is the most delicate recipe.
The Rubbermaid Produce Container is made of food-grade and safe plastic. It’s dishwasher-safe and BPA-free. It has a special system in place to ensure that salads are fresh and crunchy for a long time.
And how does this system work? If you see condensation inside the container, that means it’s working. The FreshVent technology regulates proper oxygen inside the container while it discards carbon dioxide. That’s why condensation inside the container is necessary.
Another important thing about this best salad keeper is its size. It is easy to stack on top of things in the refrigerator. The lid sits tight on the container and its top part is almost flat. It won’t take too much in the fridge. That’s not to say it doesn’t store a lot of salad – because it’s spacious and it does!
- This salad bowl/keeper is shaped like lettuce leaves in Green
- This comes with a valve in the lid that helps to keep freshly washed Salad fresher for Longer in the refrigerator
- Green grid sits on the bottom of the inside of the bowl to keep moisture away from the leaves to help keep them fresh
- Bowl is pretty enough to take and serve straight at your table; BPA and toxin free
- Measures 9. 6" Diameter by 6" Tall; holds approximately 16 cups; dishwasher and freezer safe; Not suitable for microwave
Are you looking for something practical and big? The Snips Saver Salad Keeper is the one to go for. It’s a cute-looking thing. It will keep your salad vegetables from wilting or becoming too moist and soft.
For someone who eats a lot of salad, this is a life-saver. Because it will save you countless trips to the grocery store for new greens. It’s sturdy and keeps salad fresh and delicious for longer.
The design of this salad keeper is worth noting too. It’s strong, space-saving, and durable. And it’s this impressive 4-liter salad keeper is dishwasher-safe too.
The lid has a valve that you can use when you’re about to store the salad in the refrigerator. It keeps moisture away. Also, you can use this to keep salad in the freezer. Have you ever tried frozen salad leaves? It’s crunchier and some people enjoy it with a hot plate!
The quality and functionality of this best salad keeper is really something. It has a good seal and keeps unwanted air out and just enough oxygen in to preserve the freshness of the fruits and vegetables.
- #1 LUNCH BOX BRAND*: Extra-large salad container features a spacious 54 oz salad bowl that fits up to 4 cups of healthy fruits and vegetables (with the compartment tray inserted) for easy portioning
- KEEPS SALAD FRESH: Airtight lid features a rubberized sealing ring and locking clips to keep food fresh on the go - Top-shelf dishwasher safe and BPA-free
- STORE TOPPINGS SEPARATELY: 4-compartment tray includes 1 large 10-oz compartment and 2 smaller 5-oz compartments to fit toppings of your choice, plus a leak-proof 3-oz container that's perfect for salad dressing
- PURCHASE WITH A PURPOSE: Bentgo continues to be a proud supporter of Feed the Children, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that gives hope and resources for hungry children and families. Since 2017, Bentgo has donated more than $200,000 to help put an end to hunger.
- WHAT YOU GET: Bentgo Salad compartment lunch box, built-in reusable fork, industry-leading 2 Year Warranty, and caring customer support
Salads are a quick and healthy snack when you want a nutrient boost. But they can quickly lose their freshness when kept out. Keeping salads in containers that allow moisture in can also spoil them easily.
That is why you need a proper and sealed salad container like the Bentgo. It’s a BPA-free container so you know it’s safe and human-friendly. And it claims to extend the life of your fresh produce – even the most sensitive vegetables!
You’ll actually want to pack your salad in this lunch container. It’s super simple and quick to use. And it has such a large capacity that you’ll never get tired of making salads at home. The large size also helps you add salad dressings if you need to. There’s ample room for dressing, crushed condiments, and lots more.
Everything fits in this sizeable and delightful thing. You can take your salad to work, picnics, and for other outings. The rubberized sealing ring lock is the highlight of this salad keeper. It’s foolproof, secure, and sturdy. Even though it’s plastic, it keeps clean and stays strong for a long, long time.
- 🥦KEEP VEGETABLE&FRUITS FRESH: The vegetable and fruit storage/saver container with lids have vents system that can regulate the flow of air, in and out, control the humidity inside of vegetable storage, help prevent spoilage, keep fruits and vegetables shelf life longer in the refrigerator or when not refrigerated.
- 🍇 CLASSIFIED STORAGE DESIGN - Keep Fridge Organized: These salad container come with adjustable foldable partitions for classified storage to prevent the food from squeezing, rotting or sogginess. There are three different capacity of containers that can be used to store many types of fruits or vegetables, such as lettuce, cabbage, strawberry, blueberry and different types of meat and fish. Reduce the messy refrigerator storage, save more space structure for the refrigerator.
- 🍋 MULTIFUNCTIONAL DESIGN: The bottom of the container has small opening that can be opened to drain out water and can also be used as colander to wash produce or strain food such as potatoes. The filter tray at the bottom is used to elevate food from the moisture hence can be used as storage after cleaning without changing containers. Filtering out the water on the surface of vegetables and fruits to reduces spoilage of the food.
- 🥦BPA-FREE FOOD GRADE MATERIAL: LUXEAR Vegetables and Fruits storage Container made of high-quality, 100% food-grade safety, environmental-friendly and recyclable, made from material which can effectively resist stains and odors and 100% BPA-free.
- 🍊IDEAL HOLIDAY GIFT: It can also be used to store food in the refrigerator without fear of spoiling, and also as serving bowls for events such as Thanksgiving dinner, Christ Mass or events like healthy picnic party. It is a great gift ideal for your friends and families.
The LUXEAR Fresh Produce Container is a durable and shiny product. It’s a smart salad keeper because it has dividers that keep the insides of the container organized. No leaking, no sogginess, and no messiness.
The one thing that people really hate about containers is space. If you want make a salad and store it fresh in the refrigerator. You are forced to keep all the fresh produce together. The moist tomatoes with the dry and crunchy lettuce. And that’s what spoils all the fun, doesn’t it?
Well, with this best salad keeper, not anymore. Because it has different dividers, it’s easier to manage. You can store a whole variety of fresh produce including fruits. And since you can keep moist produce separately, it won’t make the drier ones soggy.
The transparent container allows you to look at the quality of the produce inside. The little shelf, double storage, sealed lid. All these features are proof that this is the best salad keeper on the market.
- Excellent airtight and watertight with patented 4-hinge locking system with silicone sealing ring
- Made from highest Quality BPA Free material for strong durability and safety
- Microwave, freezer & top rack dishwasher safe
- Draining tray for salad included
Different types of fresh vegetables and fruits use in salads have different needs. And the Lock&Lock Special has plenty of convenient and adjustable features to complement most fresh produce. It creates the perfect atmosphere for salads to thrive in.
Take a look at its airtight and watertight lid. It features a 4-hinge locking mechanism with a silicone sealing ring. This puts the “Special” in the Lock & Lock Special Storage Container. Because it’s super-helpful and it stays super-hygienic too.
It also includes a draining apparatus for salads. This saves you time because you can easily use and keep the draining tray aside once you’re done. Because the draining tray is of the optimal size, you know how much salad to take as well.
Not that you’ll need this but the container is also microwave-safe. However, you love adding chicken or seafood to your salad, it allows you to heat it up quickly. The peace of mind in using a BPA-free and toxin-free salad keeper is important. And once you know what that means in this best salad keeper, you’re never settling for anything less.
Choosing A Salad Keeper For The First Time
Fresh fruits and vegetables are delicious when you combine them in salads. However, they are the most sensitive of ingredients and so they spoil very quickly.
There is a way to prevent them from spoiling that easily though. And that is with the help of the best salad keeper. A salad keeper equipped with a proper air vent and secure lid makes a solid promise. It releases unwanted moisture from inside the container. That is how they work to keep salads fresh for longer.
Salad keepers look just like containers. You can open and close them easily. They are easy to store outside and in the refrigerator. By storing them, I mean they stack easily.
And some salad keepers come with additional features such as adjustable air vents and a draining tray.
Let’s get into the details of a salad keeper. And how to buy one based on their best features.
Best Features of a Salad Keeper
1. Good Seal
You can’t buy a salad keeper without a good seal on it. That’s the first thing you need to look at when buying any kind of food container. A great seal keeps the food fresh for longer, that’s true. But it also keeps the container air-tight and leak-proof.
The plastic hinges that snap the lid shut do a lot more than keeping the moisture out. It prevents liquids from leaking out of the container. And it also prevents liquids from getting inside in case you keep something on top of the container.
Make sure the lid is easy to wash and maintain. A removable lid makes cleaning the entire food container easier. It also prevents mold buildup when you can wash it separately by hand or in a dishwasher.
2. Transparent Design
Isn’t it better when the food container is see-through? You can know what’s inside the salad keeper. And that will reduce the number of times you open and close the salad keeper.
A transparent salad keeper is better than ceramic because it’s less likely to stay dirty without you knowing about it. Once you see brown spots or a slimy surface, you can immediately wash the salad keeper. This does prolong the container’s shelf life.
3. Draining Tray
This may seem like an unnecessary feature to most of you. But it’s one of the best things a salad keeper can offer. A draining tray that sits at the bottom of the inner chamber removes excess moisture. The water trickles down the fresh produce and falls into the built-in reservoir instead of forming a slimy pool that sticks to the food.
The draining tray keeps the fruits and vegetables dry and clean for longer.
A terrific way to store the salad in a way that’ll stay fresh for longer is with the help of compartments. Look for a salad keeper that has compartments or dividers, like the LUXEAR Fresh Produce Container.
It’s foolproof and convenient to use. And it adds functionality because you can store salad dressing in the same salad keeper. This is really helpful when you pack a lunch for work or do meal prepping for the coming days.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How to keep salads fresh for longer than a week?
If you want to know what I do that works, it’s this:
Using a salad spinner to get rid of excess water
This is a life-changer! It helps in cleaning the salad ingredients and makes sure that I get rid of all the excess moisture. A salad spinner can also be of big help in storing fresh produce. Cleaning and spinning the ingredients until they are dry.
Salad spinners come with lids that you can then use to keep the entire thing, as is, in the refrigerator. You store the fresh produce in the spinner’s basket with the lid on. The drainage holes also offer an added advantage which is that of keeping leftover moisture away from the greens.
The excess moisture leaves the container and sits in this built-in reservoir. Everybody who’s anybody knows that excess moisture is the culprit here. It is what causes vegetables to spoil quickly – developing brown and rotten spots.
Use a storage container
In case you don’t have a salad spinner, you can invest in a good salad keeper. The benefit of buying a salad keeper is that it’s super versatile. You can use it to store a variety of ingredients – including fruits.
To use a storage container effectively, wash the vegetables and dry them using paper towels. And you can even line the container with paper towels and lay the vegetables inside.
The paper towel will absorb most of the excess water without getting the bottom all soggy and moist. This is effective because it prevents sliminess at the bottom.
2. How to clean a salad keeper properly?
It’s essential to know how to clean a salad keeper in a way that it doesn’t attract bad odor or mold. The first thing you can do is prevent. You can line the bottom of the container with wax paper or tinfoil before adding the salad. This makes the cleanup process easier and faster.
Unless you can wash the salad keeper in the dishwasher, use lemon juice to get the odor out. Dilute the lemon juice with water and soak the insides with the mixture for 10-30 minutes. The lemon absorbs all the bad odor and stickiness. This should leave your salad keeper smelling fresh for longer.
If your salad keeper gets really dirty and smelly, you can use baking soda and vinegar to get of tough stains and pungent smells.
3. Why do I need a salad keeper?
Are you still using takeout containers to store food? It’s not the most hygienic way to store fresh ingredients – especially fresh produce. Takeout containers are made of plastic that might release harmful chemicals. Also, most takeout containers are not see-through.
A salad keeper is made of BPA-free plastic. They are also dishwasher-safe so they’re easier to clean. And some even feature a microwave-friendly material which is worth it for keeps.
Takeout plastic containers are not FDA-approved. That is why they are also not good for long-term food storage. Upgrading to a salad keeper that is made of durable plastic is safer for many reasons.
You need a salad keeper for many reasons. To prolong the shelf life of the vegetables and fruits. But also because you can cook more delicious salad recipes with meal prepping.
Meal prepping is one of the quickest and easiest ways of eating healthy. You can prep all your meals for the coming week. So that you don’t have to stand in the kitchen daily to prepare them.
A salad keeper will portion out your meals and keep your food fresh for longer. And if you want, you can take a salad keeper container with you to work. It’s lightweight and sturdy enough. Not only for work, but they’re also great for packing a picnic snack as well.
I’m sure that by now you have a favorite pick from the list. The good news is that you can buy it right away. No more researching, comparing and reviewing. Because all of that is done for you.
All you need to focus on right now is how convenient and functional salad keepers are. And if you can keep fruits and vegetables fresh for longer, why won’t you eat more healthy salads? So if you’re looking for the secret tip to storing salads so that they last longer, this article is what you need to read!